Less-Traveled Ballparks Where Legends Were Born
September 2-10: Four Games, Four Cities, Eight Days
Shohei Ohtani. Yu Darvish. Ichiro Suzuki. Three all-time legends who once played home games in ballparks that most NPB fans have not been to. Why? Ohtani and Darvish were on the Nippon-Ham Fighters, meaning one had to travel all the way to Hokkaido, Japan’s northern island, to see the two stars play in their home whites. Ichiro played for the Orix BlueWave, a team that eventually moved to Osaka and became the Buffaloes. Out of respect for their longtime fans in Kobe, the Buffaloes still play a handful of games at their former home stadium, Hotto Motto Field.
On this Pre Tour, we’ll start things off in Tokyo for a home game of the Chiba Lotte Marines, then head north to see NPB’s two northern teams, the Rakuten Golden Eagles and the Fighters. We’ll then fly down to Kobe to see the Buffaloes before wrapping things up in Tokyo with an optional Giants game at the Tokyo Dome for who want to add an extra game to their Pre-Tour itinerary (if you are not continuing on to the Main Tour, this requires an additional hotel night).
- Thur. 9/2: Depart U.S.A., cross international date line in-air
- 9/3 Tokyo: Arrival and welcome dinner
- 9/4 Tokyo: Fighters @ Chiba Lotte Marines (5:00 PM)
- 9/5 Sendai: Lions @ Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles (3:00 PM)
- 9/6 Fly to Sapporo
- 9/7 Sapporo: Eagles @ Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters (6:00 PM)
- 9/8 Fly to Kobe
- 9/9 Kobe: Marines @ Orix Buffaloes (6:00 PM)
- Fri 9/10: Departure or optional Dragons @ Tokyo Yomiuri Giants game (6:00 PM) if you plan to join the Main Tour or would like to extend your Pre Tour by one game and night.
Note: Itinerary is subject to change.