The Quintessential Japanese Baseball Experience
September 9-17: Five Games, Four Cities, Eight Days
Experience it all: Five of NPB’s big league ballparks, stops in four of Japan’s unique, world-class cities, delicious Japanese food and drink, the camaraderie of fellow baseball adventurers, and so much more. Our Main Tour has been a hallmark of international baseball travel for 20 years, and we promise that it will be the trip of a lifetime!
We’ll start off in Tokyo with a Tokyo Yomiuri Giants home game at the world-famous Tokyo Dome before heading south to NPB’s two southernmost cities, Hiroshima and Fukuoka, including an off-day in Hiroshima to pay our respects at the Hiroshima Peace Park. We’ll then work our way back towards Tokyo with a stop in Nagoya to see the Chunichi Dragons. We wrap things up with a night in Tokyo to see the Saitama Seibu Lions and a chance to attend a professional sumo tournament!
Note: This tour may be very physically demanding for some guests due to our frequent travel and Japan’s heat and humidity in September. We will change hotels five times via sometimes long train rides. It is required that all guests must be able to carry/roll their own luggage during train transfers for about 1/3 mile (including up and down flights of stairs), and also lift their bags to the overhead space on trains. If you expect to have any difficulties with these requirements, then we recommend that you consider the Tokyo Main Tour.
- Thur. 9/9: Depart U.S.A., cross international date line in-air
- 9/10 Tokyo: Arrival and welcome dinner
- 9/11 Tokyo: Dragons @ Tokyo Yomiuri Giants (2:00 PM)
- 9/12 Hiroshima: Giants @ Hiroshima Toyo Carp (6:00 PM)
- 9/13 Hiroshima: Sightseeing (baseball off-day) + group dinner
- 9/14 Fukuoka: Marines @ Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks (6:00 PM)
- 9/15 Nagoya: Carp @ Chunichi Dragons (6:00 PM)
- 9/16 Tokyo: Sumo + Fighters @ Saitama Seibu Lions (6:00 PM) + annual “Don Robbs Invitational” happy hour
- Fri. 9/17: Departure or optional Swallows @ Tokyo Yomiuri Giants game (6:00 PM) if you plan to join the Post Tour or want to add an extra game and night to your Main Tour itinerary.