An Insider’s Tour of the Dominican Baseball Machine
October 28 - Nov. 3: Four Winter League Games & MUCH More
A baseball pilgrimage to the Dominican Republic is like a soccer fan’s trip to Brazil or a pizza lover’s trip to Italy. Join us for a tour of this beautiful, baseball-crazed Caribbean island and see béisbol in its most vibrant form.
You’ll receive an insider’s experience of the island and its baseball culture, including visits to rocky sandlots with cows grazing the outfield, pristine development academies of MLB teams, and raucous professional winter league (LIDOM) games. All the while, we’ll enjoy visits with Dominican baseball players and executives, and immerse ourselves in the D.R.’s unique, Latino-Caribbean culture.
The LIDOM schedule worked in our favor this year! We will be able to attend home games of all four teams who play in the south of the country and five of the six teams in the league.
Note: The Dominican Republic’s climate is very hot and humid, even in the winter months. We will spend a lot of time outside and have a full schedule of activities. We do not recommend this trip if you have health issues that may be strained by being active in a tropical climate.
- Thur. 10/28: Arrival to Santo Domingo Aeropuerto las Ámericas (SDQ) and welcome dinner
- 10/29: MLB Academy visit; LIDOM game – Tigres del Licey vs. Estrellas Orientales (7:30 PM at Estadio Tetelo Vargas in San Pedro de Macoris)
- 10/30: Prospect tryout visit; LIDOM Game – Águilas Cibaeñas vs. Leones del Escogido (2:30 PM at Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo); Museum of Dominican Ballplayers
- 10/31: Cultural/baseball excursion TBD; LIDOM game – Estrellas Orientales vs. Toros del Este (5:00 PM at Estadio Francisco Micheli in La Romana)
- 11/1: Island beach excursion
- 11/2: Colonial Zone tour; youth baseball equipment donation; LIDOM game – Toros del Este vs. Tigres del Licey (7:15 PM at Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo)
- Wed. 11/3: Departure from Santo Domingo
*Itinerary dates and details are subject to change.