The Way MLB Spring Training Used to Be...
February 21-28, 2024
Escape the winter for baseball paradise! With its tropical beaches, rich and unique culture, delicious local cuisine, and notable military history, Okinawa is worth a visit even without baseball. But visit Okinawa in the spring, and you’ll be treated to baseball paradise: NPB Spring Training.
Just like in the U.S., Japanese Spring Training is an intimate experience. You can watch the players practicing on the backfields and get better photo and autograph opportunities than in the regular season. However, NPB Spring Training is not the tourist magnet that MLB’s Spring Training is today. Diehards and locals attend, but the crowds are relatively small. It’s like the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues used to be back in the day, when “Spring Training” was just “spring training,” a hidden gem for baseball purists!
- Tuesday, February 20: Depart U.S.A., cross international date line in-air
- 2/21: Arrival and hosted welcome dinner
- 2/22: Attend team workouts + visit Peace Memorial Park and Museum
- 2/23: NPB Spring Training Game
- 2/24: NPB Spring Training Game
- 2/25: NPB Spring Training Game
- 2/26: Attend team workouts + visit Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium + hosted group dinner
- 2/27: Attend team workouts + cultural sightseeing + hosted goodbye happy hour
- Wednesday, February 28: Departure
*Itinerary as listed above is displayed to convey an idea of what the trip may look like; actually itinerary details will be different.
A guide to lead you through a detailed itinerary with an engaging combination of stadiums, teams, targeted sightseeing and outings, the result of which will give you a cost-effective and in-depth personal tour of Okinawa island like no other.
Business class accommodation with modern facilities.
All in-tour land travel.
Tickets for best available seats at NPB Spring Training Games.
At least two additional meals.
Cultural sightseeing opportunities.
Visits with local friends and/or baseball personalities.
Detailed airport arrival and departure instructions (in some cases, airport transportation is included).
Scheduling flexibility. Want to come early or stay late? We can help you plan that. Many of our guests arrive a day or two early to acclimate to the time change and get their bearings. However, we do recommend doing most of your personal travel after our tour because we take pride in teaching our guests how to get around on their own, and that will make your personal travel more enjoyable.
Translation and travel desk services.
- Carbon offset: In order to mitigate the tour’s environmental impact, we will use our profits to purchase a carbon offset from Sustainable Travel International on behalf of each guest.
Not included: airfare and most meals.
$3,468 double occupancy
$4,188 single occupancy
$258 additional hotel night