Escape the Winter for Baseball Paradise
February 22 - March 1, 2023
With its tropical beaches, rich and unique culture, delicious local cuisine, and notable military history, Okinawa is worth a visit even without baseball. But visit Okinawa in the spring, and you’ll be treated to baseball paradise: NPB Spring Training.
Just like in the U.S., Japanese Spring Training is an intimate experience. You can watch the players practicing on the backfields and get better photo and autograph opportunities than in the regular season. However, NPB Spring Training is not the tourist magnet that MLB’s Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues are. Some diehards attend, but the crowds are small compared to games on the mainland.
We expect that travelers will at least need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter Japan, and will probably have to present a negative Covid test, among other requirements. Visit the website of the US Embassy in Japan for current information.
- Tuesday, February 21: Depart U.S.A., cross international date line in-air
- 2/22: Arrival and welcome dinner
- 2/23: NPB Spring Training Game(s)
- 2/24: Attend team workouts + cultural sightseeing
- 2/25: NPB Spring Training Game(s)
- 2/26: NPB Spring Training Game(s) + hosted group dinner
- 2/27: Attend team workouts + cultural sightseeing
- 2/28: Attend team workouts + cultural sightseeing + goodbye happy hour
- Wednesday, March 1: Departure
*Itinerary as listed above is displayed to convey an idea of what the trip may look like; actually itinerary details will be different.
A guide to lead you through a detailed itinerary with an engaging combination of stadiums, teams, targeted sightseeing and outings, the result of which will give you a cost-effective and in-depth personal tour of the country like no other.
Business class accommodation with modern facilities.
All in-tour land travel.
Tickets for best available seats at NPB Spring Training Games.
At least two meals and one happy hour.
Additional sightseeing at little or no cost to you.
Visits with local friends and/or baseball personalities.
Detailed airport arrival and departure instructions (in some cases, airport transportation is included).
Scheduling flexibility. Want to come early or stay late? We can help you plan that. Many of our guests arrive a day or two early to acclimate to the time change and get their bearings. However, we do recommend doing most of your personal travel after our tour because we take pride in teaching our guests how to get around on their own, and that will make your personal travel more enjoyable.
Translation and travel desk services.
- Carbon offset: In order to mitigate the tour’s environmental impact, we will use our profits to purchase a carbon offset from Sustainable Travel International on behalf of each guest.
Not included: airfare and most meals.
$TBA double occupancy
$TBA single supplement