California Dreamin' on Such a Summer's Day
June 18-26: 8 Games, 8 Nights
California boasts five MLB and dozens of minor and independent league teams. Why not see as many as you can in one trip!?
We’ll start off in Los Angeles with a casual Rancho Cucamonga Quakes night at LoanMart Park, situated at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains. We’ll then hit LA’s two MLB teams – the Angels and Dodgers – before driving south to San Diego, where JapanBall’s Bob Bavasi will host us for a happy hour before the Padres game.
Then, we head up California’s fertile Central Valley to catch the Fresno Grizzlies in their downtown ballpark (Fresno is the gateway to Yosemite!).
Next up is the San Francisco Bay Area, where we will see the A’s and Giants, plus the Martinez Sturgeon. The Sturgeon are in the independent Pecos League and play their home games at Joe DiMaggio Fields, named for their city’s proudest son!
For those looking to get their Japanese baseball fix, you’ll see three Japanese big leaguers: Shohei Ohtani of the Angels, Yu Darvish of the Padres, and Shogo Akiyama of the Cincinnati Reds.
- 6/18: Meet at hotel in Los Angeles, Inland @ Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (6:30 PM)
- 6/19: Cleveland @ Los Angeles Dodgers (1:10 PM)
- 6/20: Kansas City @ Los Angeles Angels (6:38 PM)
- 6/21: Drive to San Diego, hosted happy hour with Bob Bavasi, Arizona @ San Diego Padres (6:40 PM)
- 6/22: Drive to Fresno, Modesto @ Fresno Grizzlies (6:50 PM)
- 6/23: Drive to Oakland, Seattle @ Oakland A’s (12:37 PM)
- 6/24: Cincinnati @ San Francisco Giants (7:15 PM)
- 6/25: Hosted tailgate, Santa Rosa @ Martinez Sturgeon (6:00 PM)
- Sun. 6/26: Depart