The Best the West has to Offer
June 15-26: 11 Games, 11 Nights
With its wonderful weather and plethora of professional teams, the West Coast has long been a baseball hotbed, even before the Giants and Dodgers moved west in 1957.
We’ll get a mix of west-coast baseball history, attending games at historic sites like Dodger Stadium and Joe DiMaggio Fields, and modern marvels like Oracle Park and T-Mobile Park. At the big league games, we’ll see at least three Japanese players: Shohei Ohtani of the Angels (twice!), Yu Darvish of the Padres, and Shogo Akiyama of the Cincinnati Reds.
Our eleven games will be split almost evenly between big-league and minor/independent-league games. Highlights will include being hosted by JapanBall founder Bob Bavasi not just in Everett, where he founded the AquaSox, but also in San Diego, where he lives just blocks from Petco Park!
- Wed. 6/15: Meet at hotel in Seattle, Sacramento @ Tacoma Rainiers (6:05 PM)
- 6/16: Angels @ Seattle Mariners (7:10 PM)
- 6/17: Hosted happy hour with Bob Bavasi, Tri-City @ Everett AquaSox (7:05 PM)
- 6/18: Fly to Los Angeles, Inland @ Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (6:30 PM)
- 6/19: Cleveland @ Los Angeles Dodgers (1:10 PM)
- 6/20: Kansas City @ Los Angeles Angels (6:38 PM)
- 6/21: Drive to San Diego, hosted happy hour with Bob Bavasi, Arizona @ San Diego Padres (6:40 PM)
- 6/22: Drive to Fresno, Modesto @ Fresno Grizzlies (6:50 PM)
- 6/23: Drive to Oakland, Seattle @ Oakland A’s (12:37 PM)
- 6/24: Cincinnati @ San Francisco Giants (7:15 PM)
- 6/25: Hosted tailgate, Santa Rosa @ Martinez Sturgeon (6:00 PM)
- Sun. 6/26: Depart