An Urban Baseball Adventure
September 11-18, 2023: 8 Days, 5+ Games, 1 City
Tokyo is the best city in the world, per an unofficial poll of past JapanBall guests and an official declaration by Condé Nast. Plus, the extended Tokyo area has five NPB teams/stadiums and the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame!
So, we figure we ought to offer you the opportunity to pass on the hassle of packing, unpacking, and traveling between cities and let one of the metropolitan wonders of the world be your base for a week. It will be an urban baseball adventure like no other in the world!
You will also have the opportunity to attend a professional sumo wrestling tournament!
We recommend this tour for two types of travelers:
- Those who want less travel time and more free time to explore.
- Those who have physical limitations that would make it difficult to change locations with their luggage multiple times.
You can combine this tour with the South Korea Tour! To better visualize the tour dates, click here to download a calendar version of our Japan and Korea schedules.
- Mon. Sept. 10: Depart U.S.A., cross international date line in-air
- 9/11: Arrival to Tokyo and welcome reception
- 9/12: Dragons @ DeNA BayStars (6:00 PM)
- 9/13: Eagles @ Lotte Marines (6:00 PM)
- 9/14: Hawks @ Saitama Seibu Lions (6:00 PM)
- 9/15: Sumo tournament (optional) + BayStars @ Yakult Swallows (6:00 PM)
- 9/16: Baseball off-day or option to attend BayStars @ Swallows (6:00 PM)
- 9/17: Swallows @ Yomiuri Giants (2:00 PM)
- 9/18: Depart Tokyo
- *Itinerary is subject to change.
A guide to lead you through a detailed itinerary with an engaging combination of stadiums, teams, targeted sightseeing, and outings, the result of which will give you a cost-effective and in-depth personal tour of the greater Tokyo area like no other.
Business class accommodation with modern facilities.
All in-tour land travel.
Tickets for the best available seats for five NPB games.
Hosted welcome reception plus at least one meal and happy hour.
Additional sightseeing at little or no cost to you.
Visits with local friends and/or baseball personalities.
Detailed airport arrival and departure instructions (in some cases, airport transportation is included).
Scheduling flexibility. Want to come early or stay late? We can help you plan that. Many of our guests arrive a day or two early to acclimate to the time change and get their bearings. However, we do recommend doing most of your personal travel after our tour because we take pride in teaching our guests how to get around on their own, and that will make your personal travel more enjoyable.
Translation and travel desk services.
- Carbon offset: In order to mitigate the tour’s environmental impact, we will use our profits to purchase a carbon offset from Sustainable Travel International on behalf of each guest.
Not included: airfare and most meals.
$2,942 double occupancy
$3,242 single occupancy